Website Development, Design and Maintenance
Technical Graphic Design
With focus on research and understanding, developed numerous, meaningful designs in areas such as: procedure, process and policy documentation, infographics, newsletters and web.
User Experience Design
Through courses in information architecture, developed knowledge surrounding usability for both print and electronic media including areas such as: information types, information categorization and hierarchies, types of organizational patterns, message and document genres, structural markup languages, structured information design and technologies, content management, and single sourcing.
Developed a new brand for an organization, including logo creation and primary and secondary colour palettes with a clear focus on the organization’s vision. Also as part of a team, completed a mock-rebranding of the Design Thinkers Conference from colour palette to wordmark.
Bachelor of Communication - Information Design - Mount Royal University
Majoring in Information Design from September 2013 - April 2017
Digital Art and Design Diploma - Thompson Rivers University
Focus in Graphic Design from September 2010 - April 2011
Information Designer – HAWK Design & Creative | May 2015 - Present
Head of Communications – Round Table Initiatives | June 2011 - 2014
- Developed a website from scratch that highlights the organization’s values and the various activities the organization engages in.
- Worked on branding elements such as logos and colour themes that would best portray the organization.
- Created and updated print materials to promote various events and initiatives but also to promote the organization as a whole (business cards, posters, stickers, t-shirt designs).
Canadian Communications Team – Hands At Work | April 2012 - 2014
- Worked on layout of documents that are sent out to donors requiring constant questions surrounding “can we get the message across better?”
- Upheld the strict branding identity guidelines of the organization.
- Stayed an active part of the communication team worldwide and collaborated with people on the ground in South Africa.
- Was open to the review and critique of documents and print materials that were created.
Media and Communications – Hillhurst United Church | November 2014 - 2016
- Creating a weekly newsletter that is sent to over 1,000 members outlining the events and general happenings in the church.
- Developing a weekly bulletin that also outlines the upcoming events in the church that is handed out during each service.
- Recreating the website to make church information easier to find and better reach people interested in the church.
- Working as a member of a bigger team and constantly receiving feedback from team members.
Round Table Initiatives - Limber Pine Adventures | July 2002 - Present
- Working closely with young adults to develop wisdom around leadership in the wilderness.
- Organizing events year round for young adults to get involved (ski trips, backpacking trips, climbing, scrambling, conversation).
Hands At Work in Africa September 2009 - Present
- Lived in three different countries in Africa from September 2009 to June 2010.
- Worked with local people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo to take a stand locally against HIV/AIDS.
- Helped to mentor office skills and teach basic software skills.
- Photographed and documented the stories of people struggling with but also overcoming the HIV/AIDS crisis.